Monday, April 23, 2012

Camping while on Weight Watchers

This upcoming weekend, we are going camping. My all time favorite summer (& spring & fall!) activity. :) So I thought I would post some of my WW survival strategies for camping. :)


Be prepared. Pack pre-packaged veggies and pre-cut fruits. You'll be

more likely to grab veggies and fruits if they are easy to grab and go (like chips...we

don't want to be grabbing them. Don't even pack them if you can help it!)


WATER! One of the easiest tips. Don't bring soda. Water is better and

more refreshing anyway. And, if you need flavor, just bring a few Crystal light

packets!


Replace regular hot dogs with light hot dogs. Replace hamburgers with Salmon

burgers. Load up with veggies. Yum.


If you are like me, camping isn't camping without S'mores. Just don't overdue it.

One S'more is plenty and it should be enough to satisfy you.


We make packets every time we camp. Use a sheet of foil and fill with your favorite ingredients. I use chicken or ground turkey, some potatoes and veggies. Season and add a few sprays of I can't believe it's not butter spray, along with a tiny bit of reduced fat shredded cheese. Fold up and cook over the fire. SO good.


There are tons of easy light recipes online if you look. Pinterest has some great ones.


Walk! What a great way to get some activity in! Take walks, play with the kids. My kids love

to play pool and ping pong when we are camping. We take walks around the campground and around the pond. It's relaxing but still activity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment